The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an in-depth understanding of the current requirements of NFPA 70E® 2018. A complete presentation of the standard will be provided, along with the examples and exercises covering the tables and calculation methods used in the standard for determining Approach Boundaries and selecting proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This course will present the following major topics:
- NFPA 70E 2018 Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Safe Electrical Work Practices
- Calculating Arc Flash Boundary (Bolted Fault)
- Selecting Appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment
- Calculations based on Bolted Fault Current – Short-circuit Current, Power in the Arc, Arc Flash Boundary, Determining Clearing Time, Incident Energy (Arc in Open Air & Arc in a Cubic Box), Calculation Limitations
- Calculations based on Arcing Current (IEEE 1584) – Arcing Current, Incident Energy (Normalized and Actual), IEEE 1584 Arc Flash Boundary Calculation