This is an in depth electrical safety course that covers electrical safety including LOTO and arc flash that meets the training requirements specified in OSHA 1910 and NFPA 70E.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe general safety hazards and precautions associated with electrical systems.
- Describe electrical tool and equipment safety.
- Define voltage level conventions for electrical systems.
- Describe electrical system lockout/tagout requirements.
- Identify the requirements for working on energized equipment.
- Given a scenario, describe the requirements associated with arc flash protection.
- Given a scenario, discuss the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Describe the proper use of electrical protective rubber goods.
- Explain the requirements for protective grounding.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements associated with fuses.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements associated with switchgear and circuit breakers.
- Describe the electrical safety requirements for batteries and DC systems