The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an overall understanding of the current requirements of NFPA 70E®. A complete review of the standard will be provided, along with a review of the tables used to determine the Limited and Restricted Approach Boundaries and tables and calculation methods used to determine the Arc Flash Boundary and for determining proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
This course will present the following major topics:
• Review of Work Practices required by NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
• Determining Limited and Restricted Approach Boundaries
• Determining/Calculating the Arc Flash Boundary
• Selection of Personal Protective Equipment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals that require access to, or will be exposed to the work area designated by the arc flash or limited approach boundaries should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
• Familiarity with basic electricity
• Proficiency in student’s respective classification
• Enrolled in an up-grader/apprentice program
|Georgia||08/24/2021||Start Time: 08:30|