NAED’s Certified Electrical Professional Certification
The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) aids electrical distributors with tools, information and assistance to improve the distribution of electrical supplies. One of their main services to distributors is educational opportunities. A program that they have created, in conjunction with The Sales Institute of Florida State University, is the Certified Electrical Professional Certification Programs (CEP).
CEP is a sales and management certification program for distributors, manufacturers, and others in the electrical distribution channel. McNaughton-McKay has participated in this certification program over the years to help elevate employees level of professionalism and customer service to our customers. When the training courses are completed, the participants have an enhanced knowledge of the electrical distribution industry in the areas of product knowledge, customer service, sales skills and communication skills helps to improve your customer experience with our employees.
The CEP Certification mission helps increase performance by setting standards for industry job roles and assessing individuals against those standards. The individual training criteria include:
CEP-Sales (available for Outside Sales, Inside Sales and Counter Sales)
- 20 hours of Florida State University (FSU) Sales Training
- 10 hours of NAED Industry Training
- At least 6 months of industry experience
- Passing the certification exam administered through the NAED Learning Center
- CEP Code of Ethics
- Three levels of certification (100, 200, 300)
- 30 hours of training at each level
- Each level includes a certification test that must be passed to earn the student a CEP-Management designation
These certifications require dedication on the part of the student. They are an excellent benchmark for industry knowledge and allows customers a level of confidence when working with CEP Certified Professionals.